This Vegan Dulce de Leche will change your life, promise! hehe. When I was a kid, my grandmother used to make Dulce de Leche from the cow’s milk we raised for many years.
I loved her delicious dulce de leche. It had the perfect sweetness, flavor, and consistency.
The great thing about it was that back in the days, our food was directly from the vegetable garden. And all the food we ate was homemade and non-processed food.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Unfortunately, nowadays, there are many food companies that exist for only profit, but not to promote the health and wellbeing of humanity. And this is why we have to be more conscious than ever about what we eat, who we buy it from, and where it comes from.
Anyway, since I LOVE Dulce the Leche, I decided to create a vegan version with two of my favorite ingredients:
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- Organic Coconut Sugar
Yes, that is all you need. You only need these two ingredientes to create the perfect Dulce de Leche.
To get the perfect consistency, you need two things: of course the ingredientes and patience. Especially patience because it takes some time to prepare it. But once you get, you might eat it in one day, like I just did a day ago. Well, my husband also helped me.
Now, let’s get into the recipe before I continue talking about how much I love this delicious Dulce de leche. I love it so much that I could talk about it all day.
And if you want to eat this Vegan Dulce de Leche with some desserts, I recommend you the check out my mouthwatering Vegan Lucuma Muffins with Dulce de Leche.
Vegan Dulce de Leche
- Cooking Pot
- 2 Cans Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- Add the milk and sugar. Stir well and let it cook for about 30-40 minutes at low-med temperature. Continue stirring every 5-8 minutes to prevent sticking.
- Turn off the heat and serve warm. Enjoy it with your favorite cookies, muffins, or pastries.
- As always, try to get the best ingredients possible. Your coconut milk should only have two ingredients: Water and Coconut.
- You can replace coconut milk with almond or any other plant based milk.
- You can replace coconut sugar with any other kind of sugar.
Did you prepare this delicious Vegan Dulce de Leche?
Comment below and follow @tastilyhealthy to continue indulging your life.