Where are the lovers of pasta? The ones who love creamy and tasty pastas? Well, I present to you this DELICIOUS Pumpkin and Tomato Pasta. This is hands down one of my favorite pastas.
Especially because the sauce is prepare from scratch. But don’t worry. That does not mean that is complicated. It’s super easy to prepare. And I promise you that you are going to LOVE IT!
As always, we are going to use the highest quality of ingredientes to make sure we are not eating any chemicals our bodies reject and turn them into fat. So, let’s quickly go over the ingredientes and their benefits to ensure you get the most delicious pasta.
Pasta Sauce Ingredientes and Health Benefits
For the sauce, we only need super simple ingredients: tomato, carrots, onions, cooked pumpkin, garlic, coconut cream, coconut oil, and spices. Yes, these are all the ingredients you need to create a delicious sauce. And of course, because we are using ingredients that come from the earth, they provide a handful of benefits, including
- Rich in Vitamin A
- High in Antioxidants
- High in Potassium and Vitamin C
- Packed with fiber
- Promote healthy skin
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- High in healthy saturated fat which helps to increase the good cholesterol in our body
And many more incredible benefits. The list could go on.
What pasta should I use?
The simple answer would be the pasta of your choice. However, as always, please make sure that it contains high quality ingredients. A good quality pasta should only have a few ingredients. Especially ingredients that you should be able to read and recognize easily. The fewer ingredients, the better.
In my case, I purchased the Organic Pasta Vegetable Radiatore from Trader Joe’s. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s close by or prefer another pasta, please make sure to always read the ingredients label.
Well, now that we have gone over the ingredients and their health benefits, let’s start preparing this delicious Pumpkin and Tomato Pasta.
And for more Pasta recipes or/and Pumpkin Recipes, check out these ones:
- Mediterranean Rigatoni Pasta
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Peruvian Stew
- Kabocha Squash Soup
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
Squash and Tomato Spaghetti
- Large Cooking Pot
- 340 g vegetable radiatore pasta or any past of your choice (1 package)
- 1 1/2 cooked pumpkin
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth optional
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- salt and pepper as needed
- Place water in a large cooking pot. Enough to cook the past. Add salt, and once the water is boiling, add the pasta.
- Add the sliced tomatoes on a blender. Blend until smooth. Reserve. You can also use tomato puree from a can. It's about 1 cup.
- First cook the carrots for about 10-15 minutes. Once ready, add them to a blender with a splash of water. Blend until smooth. Then reserve.
- Cook the squash, then add it to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a splash of water if needed. Then reserve.
Time to Prepare the Pasta
- Add the coconut oil, then onions, then garlic. Cook until fragant, about 2 minutes. Then add the tomato, carrot, and squash purees. Add the coconut cream, salt and pepper, and spices. Add the vegetable broth if you think is necessary to obtain the consistency you want. Otherwise, omit it.
- You have two options to serve it. Add the pasta on the sauce or the sauce on the pasta once is served. Add more coconut cream if needed, depending on the consistency you want to obtain. ENJOY!