I’m so excited to share this Peruvian Green Spaghetti with you! I’m not a fan of pasta, but this is hands down my favorite pasta. And the best part is that it contains plenty of vitamins and nutrients your body needs.
This recipe is:
- and extremely delicious!
The original recipe contains regular milk and it’s served with a fried or breaded steak or chicken. However, since I try to reduce my meat consumption as much as I can, I usually add sautéed veggies, plant-based sausage from Beyond Meat, or eat it by itself. And I use coconut milk and/or vegan or nutritional yeast instead of regular cheese.
This Peruvian Green Spaghetti is also a great one to serve to your kids and family. Especially if they are not a fan of raw leafy greens. I promise you they would love it!
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s quickly discuss about the amazing health benefits of leafy greens.
Leafy greens including kale, spinach, arugula, and chard are the undeniable superstars of the food world. Low in calories, yet high in fiber, vitamins, and phytonutrients. Greens are incredible for your health in more ways than you would even suspect. Leafy greens:
- Support optimal brain function
- Fight belly bloat
- Make your skin glow
- Relieve Stress
- Support bone health
- Support healthy aging
- Improve Inflammatory response
- Help balance sugars
- Support optional gut health
- Tame the toxins
- Boost digestive enzymes
- Support your immune system
And many more incredible benefits. This is way is so important to implement leafy greens into your life. Whether through a daily green smoothie, a salad, or delicious meal like this Peruvian Green Pasta.
Now, let’s jump into the recipe. I’ve also prepare a detailed video with the instructions. And if you want more pasta recipes, check out this delicious
Peruvian Green Spaghetti – Vegan
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 150 g Vegan mozarella cheese or regular cheese You can also use nutritional yeast instead (about 2 TB)
- 400 g brown rice and quinoa spaghetti or any other spaghetti of your choice
- pink salt and pepper
- 2 TB olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 minced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the back of the package.
- In the meantine, add 1 TB of oil, and add the spinach and basil. Fry for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once ready, transfer them to a blender. Add the coconut milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until you it becomes a sauce. Add more cheese or coconut milk if needed.
- On a pan, add a bit of oil, add the garlic, and then the onions. Fry these for about 3 mins. Now add the sauce and mix well.
- Finally, add the cooked pasta and mix all the ingredients. Serve with shredded cheese, sauteed veggies, or your favorite vegan meat replacement.