To be honest with you, I’ve never been a huge fan of pasta. But lately, I’ve been experimenting with more pasta recipes, and I’m loving pasta! This delicious Mediterranean Rigatoni Vegan Pasta is definitely a MUST TRY!
I love it not only because of the delicious taste, but also because it is a fresh meal.,There are days where I want to eat fresh foods instead of heavy ones. Especially on summer days. And this mouthwatering pasta is just perfect for those type of days.
You want me to tell you how I created this recipe? Well, I went out shopping with my mom, so as a treat I decided to cook for her. She wanted to go out somewhere else, but I LOVE homemade food. And I will make everything in my power to avoid eating out.
Anyway, she told me there was nothing to eat at home, but I still wanted to go check. I opened her fridge and found a bunch of vegetables and also uncooked pasta. So, I decided to create this fresh Mediterranean Rigatoni Vegan Pasta.
Even though I added many ingredients, I promise you that it is very easy and quick to prepare. What it takes the longest is cooking the pasta and getting your vegetables ready. But once you have that, the cooking process is super easy, quick, and fun!
Also, please feel free to add the vegetables of your choice. As I previously mentioned, I used the vegetables that were available on my mom’s fridge, but if you have any additional ones or maybe different ones, please add those! Get creative with your meals. It is what I love the most about cooking. The ability to be creative and prepare a delicious meal.
And because I love to be creative, I recommend you to check out my:
You could add this delicious sauce to your pasta, and BOOM! One of the best meals of your life 🙂
Now, let’s jump into the recipe and start cooking! Play some music and enjoy the beautiful process of being creative with food.
Mediterranean Rigatoni Vegan Pasta
- Large Cooking Pot
- Large Cooking Pan
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups Uncooked rigatoni whole wheat pasta depending how big your portions are 🙂
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 10 radishes
- 8 mushrooms halves
- 1 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup artichokes
- 1/2-3/4 cup kalamata olives depending how many olives you would like
- 8 cilantro leaves
- 1-2 TB turmeric
- 2 TB oregano
- 4 bay leaves dry or fresh
- 2 TB coconut oil
- salt as needed
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper optional
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Follow the instructions to cook the pasta OR follow my instructions: Add water to a cooking pot. Enough to cook the pasta (the water needs to cover the pasta). Once is boiling, add the pasta. Optional to add salt. I prefer not to, but some people like adding salt when the pasta is cooking. Try your pasta before removing it from the cooking pot. Make sure it is fully cooked. Rinse it well
- Add coconut oil. Wait until is warm enough and now add the garlic. Fry the garlic for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, and laurel leaves. And sautéed these for another 2-3 minutes. Add water if needed to avoid burning. Continue stirring to avoid sticking.
- Add the pasta. Continue stirring to mix all the ingredients.
- Now add the radishes, mushrooms, and green onions. Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes, but continue stirring.
- Add the kalamata olives and artichokes. Mix well.
- Now it's time to add our spices. Add the turmeric, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well to bring all the ingredients together.
- Add the red wine, mix well, and then turn off the heat.
- Add the fresh cilantro leaves. Mix well
- Now, you can add more salt if needed.
- Serve and add red crushed pepper on the top (optional).
- Enjoy this delicious plate!
- You can replace any the type of pasta with another kind
- You can also replace red wine with white wine. But I prefer to use red wine