These are the best Lucuma and Maca Pancakes with Berries Sauce! I love pancakes! Especially on a Sunday Brunch or really…anytime! They are delicious, filling, and can also be nutritious!
As some of you might already know, Lucuma are ancient Peruvian superfoods. They are both widely used in smoothies, oatmeal, cookies, etc.
But today, I wanted to experiment by adding Lucuma and Maca to these delicious pancakes. So now, we can also say that these great superfoods are delicious with pancakes!
But before we jump into the recipe, here are some excellent benefits of these incredible Peruvian Superfoods.Jump to Recipe
In addition to its delicious taste, it provides with a range of nutrients that contribute to the wellbeing of the body. To name a few, Lucuma:
- Protects the skin due to his high amount of betacarotene.
- Combats depression due to its great amount of Vitamin B3.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases due to its high levels of betacarotene.
- Is a natural energizer due to its high content of Niacin (Vitamin B3). Lucuma can be the solution you are looking for when you feel physically and mentally exhausted.
Another ancient and nutritious superfood is Maca. It contains extraordinary health properties to preserve the health, fertility, and vigor.
- Maca stimulates memory
- Stimulates the growth of red blood cells (anti-anemic)
- Regulates cholesterol and diabetes
- Rejuveneces the skin and hair
- Similar to Lucuma, it combats depression and anxiety
- Maca is a great source to treat fractures, rickets, and osteomalacia
Now that you have learned more about the Lucuma and Maca benefits, let’s prepare these delicious Lucuma and Maca Pancakes with Berries Sauce. Enjoy the process of learning, cooking, and eating, and please don’t be too hard on yourself.
Also, if check out my:
This might be your first time cooking pancakes, so have fun with it!
Lucuma and Maca Pancakes with Berries Sauce
- Blender or Food Processor
- Cooking Pan
- 2 Bananas
- 1 1/3 Cup Uncooked Rolled Oats
- 200 ML Coconut Milk
- 1 TB Lucuma Powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnammon
- 1 TB Chia Seeds
- 1 TB Honey or Agave Syrup Optional
- 1 TB Coconut Oil
- 1 TB Maca Powder
- Don't forget to wash your ingredients before you start preparing your delicious pancakes
- Place all ingredients, except the coconut oil, in the blender or food processor. Blend them for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the batter is thick and smooth, it means that they are ready to cook on the pan
- Turn on the heat to low-med temperature and add the coconut oil.
- Use a soup spoon to measure the batter quantity for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- While you cook your pancakes, turn on the heat at low-med temperature. Place your berries in a cooking pot. Add a splash of water to avoid sticking. Continue stirring all your berries to get a creamy consistency. Add sugar if needed, but I personally did not add any. Cook for about 7-8 minutes until all your berries are dissolved.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings! That could include jam, butter, honey or agave syrup, dulce de leche, nutella, and fruit of your choice.
Did you enjoy making these pancakes?
Tag @tastilyhealthy to share your creations. I would love to hear from you.