I truly can’t express with words how delicious these Lucuma Pancakes with Melted Chocolate are! Maybe because I love chocolate? And also Lucuma hehe. Because it’s a wonderful Peruvian superfood that is packed with vitamins and minerals.
These pancakes are the perfect combination of flavors to start off your morning or have as a dessert. Not only they are delicious, but also nutritious. Because as always, we are using high quality ingredients that do not have any added chemicals or preservatives that we cannot pronounce.
So, lets quickly go over some tips to ensure you get the perfect Lucuma Pancakes!
How to get the perfect pancake batter?
What I love about making my own pancakes is that I can easily manage the consistency of the batter. For example, I add more oats if I need it to be thicker or more coconut milk if the opposite. I can also taste the sugar while I’m preparing the batter, so that I know if I need to add some more.
Having said that, follow my recipe, but if you want to add a bit more sugar, extra toppings, or you prefer a different consistency, please feel free to play with your pancakes. Cooking is about re-creating and getting out the chef you have inside of you. Otherwise, follow my instructions and you would get delicious pancakes 🙂 .
You will need the simplest ingredients to prepare your pancakes:
- Rolled Oats
- Organic Lucuma Powder
- Organic Chia Seeds
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Mini Chips
- Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Organic Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened (Optional)
- Toppings of your choice
Now, let’s get started and prepare these delicious Lucuma Pancakes with Melted Chocolate. And don’t forget to check out these recipes, in case you want more pancake ideas.
Well, time to cook these yummy pancakes.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2-3 TB maple syrup depending how sweet you want them. Start with 2 and then add more if you need to.
- 2 TB lucuma powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 2 TB warm water for the chia "egg"
- 1 tsp. shredded coconut
- coconut oil spray or regular coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- splash of water
- Place all the ingredients in the blender except the oil. Blend until you get a thick consistency. Add more coconut milk or maple syrup depending on the consistency and the sweetness you want to obtain.
- Now, spray some coconut oil in the pan. Use a large spoon to measure the pancakes. I made small pancakes, so I used 1 large TB per pancake. Cook on both sides at low-med temperature for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- You know it's time to cook the pancakes on the other side once you see some bubbles.
- Place the coconut chips on a small pot with a splash of water. Mix well and wait until the fully melt.
Time to Serve
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings (melted chocolate, maple syrup, fruit, jam, etc). ENJOY!