I get it, sometimes your body is craving for something comforting, easy to prepare, and delicious. And this is why I created this nutritious Lentils and Vegetables soup for you!
If you are a fan of lentils and vegetables like me, then you are going to love it! You get all the different flavors from the spices, veggies, and lentils. And the best part is that you can add any or omit any vegetables you want.
In my case, I added all the veggies I had on my fridge, because why not, right? For this soup you have two options. Many of you have your lentils already cooked, then you can add them later in the process. But in you haven’t cooked your lentils, then add them at the beginning of the process.
Don’t worry, I’ll explain everything below.
If you love superfoods like I do, you might know that lentils are INCREDIBLY nutritious. They are one of the best foods you can eat. Lentils are:
- Low in calories
- Rich in iron and folate. Great for my pregnant mommies
- Highly nutritious, including vitamin B, magnesium, zin, potassium, etc.
- Rich in Polyphenols which are known to have strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects
- Full of fiber
- Packed with protein
- And many more incredible health benefits
Then, why wouldn’t you add lentils to your diet? They are delicious, highly nutritious, and super easy to prepare.
Let’s get started and prepare this delicious Lentils and Vegetables soup! And if you want more soup recipes, make sure to check out these delicious:
Lentils and Vegetables Soup
- Cooking Pot
- 2 cups lentils
- 200 g noodles of your choice
- 3 L water
- 1 zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 3 laurel leaves
- 2 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup leek (minced)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper, oregano
- 1 jalapeno (chopped) optional
- Add the oil, then the onions, garlic, tomatoes, and carrots. Fry these for about 3 minutes. Now, add the uncooked lentils. Make sure you have properly wash them before cooking them.
- Mix well and add some salt, turmeric, paprika, oregano, basil and laurel leaves. Continue mixing to avoid burning to incorporate all the flavors.
- Add enough water to let the lentils cook. About 3.5-4L
- Cover with a lid, and let the lentils cook for about 8 minutes.
- Now, add the rest of your veggies (zucchini, leek, corn, mushrooms, etc), and the noodles as well. Mix well all the ingredients and let the ingredients cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- Add more water and salt if needed.