This delicious Cream of Asparagus Soup is super easy to prepare, very nutritious, and delicious. Asparagus are incredible vegetables that contain many nutrients and vitamins for your body. So, why not eat asparagus when you have the chance? Especially because they always have them at the store.
What I also love about this cream of asparagus, is that you can eat it with toasted bread. I usually use sourdough, wheat, a gluten free bread. Or really just any bread that I have handy. Of course, always reading the ingredientes to ensure the product is high quality. And if you are lucky enough to live close to a bakery, even better! You can get fresh bread daily, YUMMY!
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s quickly go over some of the health benefits of Asparagus
1. Many nutrients
- Vitamin C, A, K, E
- And many more!
2. Good Source of Antioxidants
Asparagus, like other green vegetables, is high in antioxidants. These include vitamin E, vitamin C and glutathione.
Asparagus is particularly high in the flavonoids quercetin, isorhamnetin and kaempferol. These substances have been found to have blood pressure-lowering effects, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and anticancer effects.
3. Helps Support a Healthy Pregnancy
For all future mommies, this is an important factor. Asparagus is high in folate, also known as Vitamin B9.
Folate is an essential nutrient that helps form red blood cells and produce DNA for healthy growth and development. This is very important especially on the early stages of pregnancy
These are only a few health benefits of asparagus, but there are many more. So, try to implement asparagus into your diet.
And if you want similar recipes, check out my:
You will love this recipe! It’s definitely one of my favorites.
Well, before we jump into the recipes, here are the ingredientes you will need.
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU WILL NEED
- Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Vegan or regular butter
Let’s get started and prepare this delicious Cream of Asparagus Soup.
Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Cooking Pot
- 2 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp butter vegan or regular
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt as needed
- 1/4 leek branch
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender but still green, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the soup in a blender or food processor until you get a puree soup. Add the butter on a pot, then add the soup from the blender to the pot. Stir in coconut milk, then warm over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with herbs and more coconut cream or milk.
- ENJOY! Optional to eat it with toasted bread